Friday, June 6, 2008

Bishops Bay Hot Springs (Ursula Channel)



Day 14 June 4, 2008


What a day!!! Since the seas are usually calmer during the morning hours and pick up during the afternoon and as I said, we are putting in approx 50 miles per day, we go to bed early and get up between 5-6am and are underway soon after.

It was a beautiful day and we both were feeling good, we were running with the current and I remembered some Hummus I had purchased and thought to myself, I should have picked up a pack of pita bread to go along with. I was looking through one of the magazines I purchased and this one article was titled “How to make pita bread”. Well, after reading the article, it sounded like a doable thing to accomplish on a 33ft sailboat. **smile** What else did I have to do while John was motoring down the channel on a calm day. So I told him, “I could make this” and he said yes and I said now, he said now???. Well, I laughed and said why not!!! I don’t need to tell you how surprised he was I was going to try it.

The batch made 12 – 7 inch pita breads. They were actually delicious with the hummus, along with vegetable beef soup. We invited Don and Diane from Saoirse and Steve and Judy from Code Blue to enjoy dinner with us after our dip in the hot springs.

Saying that, when we first arrived at the dock in Bishops Bay, John made an amazing landing behind another boat in a small amount of space, Saoirse tied up alongside as usual and the boat that was occupying the other side of the dock was just leaving so Code Blue slipped in. Yeah! Everyone’s on the dock!!

We all put our heads together and decided the sun was out, the weather was great and it was time to get in the hot springs. Oh my goodness, if you have never been to a hot springs, you must go. There in the middle of nowhere is this glorious warm hot tub!! This one had no odor and a building was built around the hot springs so one small section had a small place to take a quick bath, then you could go in another area to sit on rocks to soak in the very warm wonderful water under a roof and enclosure and then you could also so outside and sit in warm water under the trees and stars. There was a board walk from the dock to the hot springs and just a great place to go.

We all felt so relaxed and it was now time for Pita Bread and Soup.

What a day!!!!

No comments: