Monday, September 15, 2008

Quartz Bay - Cortes Island

September 11, 2008 Day 112
Our view from Cortes Island...

We woke up to, yes, another blue sky day. It was 59 in the Omega when we got out of bed and now as I type this it is 80. Perfect weather. We decided to do some much needed housework on the Omega. John took a row around the bay and then walked up to see if he could catch Bill, the caretaker at home. John found out from Bill that Ken and Kenna left a couple days before we arrived and in Kenna’s email she said they would be gone for around a week. Sorry we missed them. We will catch Ken and Kenna on our next journey north.

I fixed some apple, carrot, cranberry & nut muffins for breakfast. I had been scanning my cookbooks I purchased in Alaska for a breakfast item and found “Empire State Muffins” in two of my Wrangell Alaska cookbooks so it was a sign that I would fix them for our breakfast. They were yummy and a do again.

We have been cleaning the inside of the Omega this morning and now I’m updating the blog and logging pictures while John is cleaning/waxing the cockpit. He has been taking sections of the outside of the Omega and cleaning for the past few afternoons, so today I guess he decided the cockpit was the place to work.

Nice relaxing couple of days….

No comments: