Saturday, July 6, 2019

June 2, 2019 Maugansville, Maryland

Maugansville, Maryland has been on my bucket list for years and so glad we are finally here.







We spent 3 days looking at the Hagerstown Library researching my genealogy from my Dad's side of the family - Maugans.  We talked with a nice gentleman at the volunteer fire dept that showed us so many pictures over the years of the men & woman working at the fire department.

I found the genealogy book I heard about from my Aunt Shirley, my Dad's brother Uncle Clyde wife in the 1980's.
The women who collected the information had called Aunt Betty and Aunt Hazel, I believe to get more family information.  I was so excited to find the book and really wanted a copy but I will have to search for it online because the library only had one copy.  So I copied almost 1/3 of the book at the library and can't wait to research more when I get home.


No comments: