We sadly said goodbye to Don, Diane & Shelby this morning from Port McNeill. Saoirse is headed south to maybe meet with their family in Blaine, WA and also attend the 2010 Pacific Northwest Rendezvous featuring the Westsail, which is the type of sailboat Saoirse is, in Anacortes, WA.
We just talked with them and they are spending the night in Port Neville along Johnstone Strait.
We decided to cross the bay over to Sointula on Malcolm Island. I believe it took us 30 minutes to get here. This year is a time of first and we hadn't stayed here before. It is suppose to rain today and the wind picked up to 15 gusted to 20 which is good for sailing....
It was a bonus to have internet in Sointula where we will spend the night and head across the Queen Charlotte Strait tomorrow morning.
I believe John and I are going for a bicycle ride around Malcolm Island. Stay tuned for a report. We haven't been on a bicycle in many years...
Update on our bicycle excursion: pant pant!! 3 hours later
John is curled in a fetal position clutching his scotch and water!! Besides that it was a blast!! A few small hills, the last one being a 60 degree uphill into a 40 knot wind. **smile** or at least it seemed like it. We had a 3 hour bicycle ride and what fun!!!
It has been at least 25 years since I have tried riding a bike. but who is counting. One guy along the way, moved out of our way, and called us kids... & smiled. He was about our age. We rode along the waterfront and our bikes were lavender and John's had a basket in the back for our treasures... It was so much fun and we will have to remember to try this on Lopez Island in the San Juans or better yet with Sophie, Carl & Laura's 10 year old daughter who rides so well or other areas that have bikes. "Sophie, every time I would start on my bike, I would think of you and how smooth you start out and I would say I can do it!!"
No bears were sighted but 4 beautifully colored furious chickens ran across the road in front of us. Life in the fast lane. We had to move over for 2 cars, 1 pickup....and one dog... oops I forgot my camera.... You will just have to imagine..... The sun is shining and we are going to have dinner at the famous Burger Barn at the marina in Sointula on Malcolm Island!! Known across Canada in the touring books for their fantastic burgers....have you ever had a halibut burger????
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment